I can't believe that it has been 8 years since my own American Girl came into our lives!! Wow, I knew having a little girl was going to be different but I just didn't know what to expect. Obviously, being a girl myself, I should know what being a little girl is all about! But, what you don't think about when you are little is, how crazy, whinny, annoying, and just plain goof ball you are. So, Tuesday is just one surprise after another. I find myself some days thinking, "My poor mother!! I feel bad that I was probably just like this!!"All kidding aside, Tuesday, has been nothing but a great daughter and a good sister to her brothers. I keep telling the boys they better be nice to her because one day she'll have good looking friend they can TRY and date!!!
Today at lunch, a question was posed at her. The question asked, if you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be and why? She called herself, "Sensitive". When asked why, she said, "Well, that what my brothers call me!" She is such a good girl. She loves God, her family, has empathy for others, and just is an all around great girl!
My mom took us to the AG Store today for her birthday lunch. Timmy and I had told her months ago that we were going to buy her an AG doll for her birthday. She spent many hours in the AG catalogs and website just trying to decide which Girl would be hers. First she wanted Mia, then she wanted Elizabeth, then she wanted Julie........................... Aghhhhhh!!! The madness!! This is why I usually don't tell my kids exciting stuff until the last minute!! Ha Ha!!
We got to the store and OhMy!! There were dolls everywhere, clothes, accessories, books, games!! I could tell she was overwhelmed and wanted to take it a ll in in the first two minutes she was there.
There are two floors to the store. On the first floor she had finally decided to get a Just Like Me doll. She chose the one Girl whom she thought was the most like her. She's cute but mom and I think her skin is too dark. Oh well. She ended up finishing her shopping spree with an AG, A rolling suitcase for storage, two outfits, a hair care book and brush, and a gift from the AG Store staff (a coat for her Girl). I can tell you, she made out!!
We had lunch in the AG Cafe. Mom had reserved our spot as a birthday party for three. Which meant that we got a real cake at the end of our lunch! We had a nice lunch followed by said cake and peppermint ice cream. Mom and I borrowed girls to sit with and Tuesday's new AG sat in these high chair like things that attached to the table.
After lunch, we did some last minute shopping and I got my own Just Like Me AG!!! She's so pretty!! I know, but, you're only as old as you pretend to be!! Now Tuesday and I can "play" dolls together!!
The only hard part about getting a Just Like Me AG, is that you have to give it a name. So far, Tuesday has changed her name more times that I can count. I did tell her that by the end of the day today her final name would be the one that she had when she fell asleep tonight. Her name is.......Melanie.
My Girl (I'll have to post her pic later) is Rachel. It was fun naming something that didn't have to start with a "T"!!!!!!!!!
Yes, this AG does look JUST LIKE TUESDAY!!! Note: Messy hair in face!! Ha Ha!!!
At our birthday lunch table with Tuesday's AG and our "borrowed" lunch companions. As you can see my dolly Tuesday was very excited about her special day!!
All in all, we had a great day and I know Tuesday will never forget it!! Neither will I!!
Happy Birthday Dolly!! I love you!!
2 comments:
Happy belated birthday Tuesday! Grandma Aguinaga was talking to me about Tuesday's birthday today. Thanks for sharing all the pictures, you made my day! Can't wait to see a picture of Rachel. Speaking of dollies, your new neice looks like a doll. :)
Toni, I would have bought a doll for me, too! I have always thought American Girl dolls were great and very addicting! Maybe Alynna will like dolls and I can live vicariously through her. I know you bought a doll, but I'd feel kind of silly playing with one by myself. I can just imagine the looks I'd get from Kaeley. "Mom's so wierd!"
Happy Birthday, Tuesday! I can't wait to see your doll and all the pretty things she got on her birthday!
Post a Comment