Tuesday, January 5, 2010

No Longer Just A Baseball Family

I am so bummed I don't have a picture to share. I did take a picture and posted it on my Twitter here: http://twitpic.com/wpm4h ETA: I was able to lift this off my Twitter page. Hopefully it shows up here.

Photobucket


Yes, it's Tuesday and she's playing SOCCER. On at team. In a league. With other girls. (*GASP*)

My friend Diane emailed me the other day saying that her daughter was interested in joining this soccer league at an indoor soccer place and did we want to join too? We asked Tuesday if she wanted to. I should have known she'd jump at the chance. We spend so much time doing baseball things for the boys and she gets the short end usually. Not that she doesn't have a good time and doesn't love watching her brothers play, it's just she hasn't been in anything organized since t-ball. Nothing has ever fit into our busy schedule but, this is perfect! The games are on Monday night and there aren't any practices. *Cool*

Her first game was last night. She was so cute. Her team played a doubleheader against two club teams. Poor dolly, she was well over matched but, she played well considering she had NO IDEA what she was doing. I don't know for sure because I know NOTHING about soccer but, my friend Diane said she made a couple good moves.

I brought my camera but, I didn't want to look like such a newbie dork that I didn't take it out. I guess I better Man Up next time and get some pictures of my girl playing her new game.

She's looking forward to her next game and so am I. I don't think I will ever become a *Soccer Mom* all the way but, so far, this is fun. And the best part? It's indoors and I'm not out on some random field freezing my my patootie off! Now, that's the good life.

2 comments:

Janna said...

Good for Tuesday! I hope she enjoys it.

Brandy said...

That's awesome! I just enrolled my twins in their first extra curricular activity today - dance! They'll start school in the fall and I wanted to get them started in dance before school started. They start at the end of the month and I'm more excited than they are!! LOL