So, my car is dying a slow painful death. We all know it. It seems even the car knows it. I've been driving this Honda Odyssey for 14 years now. Being somewhat poor with four kids for those last 14 years, I haven't taken the best care of it. Thankfully my Dad has always been there to bail us out when there were problems. Right now, the cars' most significant problem is this terrible sound it makes when I make any sort of turn. I think it's in the transmission but, I'm trying to ignore it. I tell the kids that one day it's just going to die in the middle of the street and we're gonna get out and walk away pretending that it's not our car.
Well, it seems that time is creeping up on us sooner that I can afford. Last week, I was trying to back out of the driveway and the car stalled when I turned the wheel to the extreme right. I restarted the car but the steering wheel was locked in the position and it stalled everytime I tried to move the wheel. Long story short ( I know, too late), My Dad came over, jacked up the car, kicked the right side tire, and *bam* the car worked again. He's a miracle man I tell ya!
Last night Tyler, Tuesday, and I had to stop at CVS to pick up some TP on the way home from Tyler's game. Tuesday was in the middle of listening to a song on my iPod so we let her stay in the car and Tyler and I went into the store. We came out, got into the car and I went to start the car. I wouldn't start! I tried turning the key a few more times hoping the car would magically start. I think I may have banged my head against the steering wheel because seriously could things with this car get any worse?? Oh yeah, and each time I tried to turn the ignition, the key was stuck in the "radio on" position and I couldn't take the key out at all!!! Argh!! What do you think I did next? You're right! I called my Dad.
He pulled in the CVS parking lot and I flashed my lights at him so he'd know where to find us. I was confused when he didn't park in the open space next to me because I was sure I need a jump. Tyler made a smarty pants comment about having really long jumper cables that I found very funny. I told Dad what the problem was and he got in the car to try and figure out the problem. Mom came too so, while Dad was busy we talked to her. Not three minutes after getting in my car, I heard it start. We all looked at my Dad in the car and he informed us that I had gotten out of the car without putting it in park. That's why it wouldn't start and I couldn't take the key out. I felt like the biggest idiot but, all I could do was laugh at how dumb I am. We all did.
Already less than 24 hours after the incident, I have taken so many comments about my stellar behind the wheel skills. Haha. I'm never going to live this down.
3 comments:
Haha! Great story. If it makes you feel better, I dated a guy who had a towing company with his uncle. I broke down on the highway and was really upset. They towed me and I was so thankful to be dating a guy who could and would fix my car for cost....or put gas in it. ;)
I have turned the car off while it is in "drive" so many times. Luckily, my car won't release the keys until you put it in park. I think it comes from driving a manual for so long.
Great story!
when we have moments like that, we justlook at each other and say "you're so pretty"
LOL
Post a Comment