

As you all know, this is my beautifu doggy DAISY! She will be 1yr on Monday. She was born 07/07/07. I think that's pretty cool!
Today, I would like to list for you a small list of things I've lost because of/to her. Here it is:
2 Cashmere Sweaters
A Mary Poppins sized Purse (TODAY!)
A sweatsirt that was part of an outfit (lasted 2 weeks)
A sweater set (also, fairly new)
A brand new pair of baseball cleates (that I was planning to return)
The funny thing about this list is that, all of these things were consumed by her while safely confined in her prison...........uh...I mean crate. Oh, well, except the purse and the cleates. Those were eaten in the living room this mornining. I feel partly responsible. Last night before bed Timmy said, "You might want to secure your snacks". We had come home earlier in the day from yet another baseball tourney and I hadn't emptied my cool NEW Mary Poppins yet. So, I thought that zipping the bag shut would keep Daisy from getting to my treats during the night or in the morning after Timmy and I left for work and before Daisy woke up the kids.
I got this call from Tyler this morning at about 8:30am. It went something like this:
Tyler: Uh........Mom?
Mom: Yes?
Tyler: You know the snacks that were in your new bag?
Mom: ..............Don't tell me......Daisy ate my bag!?
Tyler: ****Silence****
Mom: (calm) Daisy ate my bag, right? (slight laugh...maybe the crazy kind. I'm not sure)
Tyler: What do you want me to say?
Apparently, the zipper was a tough one for her at first cause, she just ate a giant hole in the side of the bag to get to the goodies inside. I told Tyler just to pick everything up, salvage what he could, and throw the rest away. I didn't want to see the mess. Although, now, I wish I had pictures of the chaos. A little while later, Tyler called me back and told me that the pair of cleates that I bought just yesterday, were also chewed up. Uuuuugh!!!
What can I do? Nothing. Especially, when those beautiful brown puppy eyes look up at me and let me know that she missed me all day and why do I have to go away in the first place? I will try and replace my Mary Poppins. And the cleates? Well, as Scarlett O'Hara would say, "I'll think about that tomorrow."
No comments:
Post a Comment