Friday, November 13, 2009

My Baby Has New Teeth

Tyler got his braces right before his 8th grade year. At the time, I was reminded that he was growing up so fast. He hadn't had his major growth spurt yet and he was such a cute little package.

Here he is yesterday on our way to the otrtho.

Photobucket


So yesterday, after two and half years, he got them off. We had a amazing orthodontist. Dr. Mascola did a great job and his retainer is so cool. I expected something with wires and plastic like "in the good ole days". Instead, he came home with a set of invisalign. They're this weird sort of clear plastic mouthpiece that fits directly over his teeth. He has a set for his bottom and top teeth. You can't tell he's even wearing them.

Anyway, here he is now.

Photobucket

Isn't he cute??

Well, so, now he looks more grown up than ever before and it's starting to hit home. He's at least 5'10" and towers over me. I love hanging out with him. He makes me laugh. The time seems to be flying by so fast. I love and hate it at the same time. On one hand, I love watching him grow and become a man. And on he other hand, I hate watching him grow because it means he'll be leaving us soon and I really don't want him to go.

I'll just hold onto him as long as I possibly can.

1 comment:

Janna said...

Wow! Congratulations, Tyler! I was too prideful and whimpy to get braces, but now I kinda wish I had. Enjoy the fruits of your labor! :)