Friday, November 27, 2009

One Thanksgiving Down. One More to Go.

We had a nice time at my Uncle Mark and Aunt Laura's house last night. The dinner was wonderful and the company was good. I tried yams for the very first time. Everyone kept telling me I was crazy for never trying them. Well.....I didn't like them. Sorry. But, my Aunt Oly made these zucchini cakes. They were amazing. All the food was good but, I didn't do what Marsh told me to do and I paid for it. Marsh said that for the whole day before Thanksgivng, I had to eat a lot so that my stomach would be expanded already. Therefore, I would be able to eat more on Thanksgiving. Well, I guess I didn't eat enough the day before because, I ate what was on my plate but I felt so full I couldn't eat dessert. I know, sinful!

This was this highlight of my evening.

Photobucket

I haven't had a picture of my kids with my grandparents (their great-grandparents) in YEARS. That's what I'm thankful for. I am so happy that my children have grown up knowing my grandparents and that my grama and grampa have the health enough to enjoy being with them and watching them grow.

Now on to my Mom and Dad's house for my Mom's Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. The kids are going over today to help Mom and Dad cook and decorate. I'm hoping to eat enough today so that I may enjoy my dinner tomorrow. Ha Ha!!! It's so funny, Tyler makes this green jello thing that I love. He makes it but, he's never tried it. He makes other things at Mom's too but, the green jello is his claim to fame.

I took this picture of Tyler and my Mom last night. Tyler is growing up faster than my Mom and I would like.

Photobucket

All I can say is, "Yay! Christmas Music!"

1 comment:

Christina said...

Thanks for posting family pictures, I love and cherish each one, especially since I'm so far away. I hope you'll post even more pictures of Christmas. Maybe even take a picture of the tamales for me. :)

PS We've been listening to Christmas music for a week!