I know he thinks this about us too. The only person he respects as a hard worker is my cousin David (maybe my Uncle Mark too) and the rest of us are "lazy bums". Ha ha. In all fairness, my 84yr old grandfather is a very hard worker to this day. I am always amazed at the amount of hard labor he can put in in one day.
Anyway, back to my point. Everytime he comes with a challenge and his veiled comments of laziness, I am eager to prove him wrong. This time I had to count on Timmy wanting to cut the tree down. I wasn't sure if it would be something he would want to take on but, I was suprised when he came about an hour later and told Marsh to get ready to go to work on the tree.
We started off small because my extension cord didn't reach very far.


I called my dad to see if he would drop by and loan us the extension cord from his work van. Well, he came with the extension cord and got so excited, he started doing the cutting.

He even let Marshmellow do some of the cutting, which is something Tim or I would never do.

We got a lot cut down before the little saw gave up and stopped working. Hopefully by tomorrow it will have recovered some and we can keep going. We stopped right after we pulled down this branch.


I'm also hoping that when Grampa sees how much we've cut down he'll give in and call someone to come haul away this huge pile.

Not bad for a couple of hours of forced labor. My dad knows how my Grampa feels about all us lazy people so, he told me to let Grampa think that Tim and I did all this work and not tell him that he helped. I'm totally on board with that!! LOL!
More pictures when we get more done.
1 comment:
WHAT? You cut down the entire tree? Oh, I'm devastated!:) Good job though. I bet you all slept great that night. :)
Post a Comment