Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Toys

I know. I know. I'm a total dork. I love my toys. I opened a thread on a message board yesterday and it was about toys from the 70's. As it happens, I have a few. I love them so much.



I love the House




and the Clock the most.




They're the ones I remember playing with the most.

Now sadly, most of the house pieces are gone and when you wind the poor clock it struggles to get through it's song and the hands on the clock no longer go around. Every once in awhile I'll wind the clock and let it play while I'm cleaning the kitchen (And don't listen to Timmy. I clean it more than once a year.).

I used to have the School House too but, I think my Aunt kept it for her girls. It was cool and my favorite part of it was the Merry-go-Round. The "Little People" went into the holes and then you spun the thing around. It was usually my goal to spin it as fast as possible and watch the poor people fly out of it! Ha Ha.

Aaaah, the good ole days when everything was easy. I miss those.

4 comments:

Disneypal said...

I posted this on the 70s thread on 2peas but wanted to leave a comment here too - you are so fortunate to still have those childhood toys. I had that little barn (complete with some animals) and my sister had the clock.

Both of us LOVED that clock - just seeing the photo of it brings back a flood of fond memories.

They must make you smile everytime you see them.

Brandy said...

I really wish I would've kept some of my toys! I don't think I have a single toy from my childhood!

Mz-Cellaneous said...

Fisher Price little people was one of my favorite toys when I was a kid! My best friend TJ had a bunch of sets too, and we would put everything in a wagon, and go to each others houses and build cities.

The little house you have? My son found one of those at a garage sale when he was about 8, and he spent literally YEARs painting it, and then repainting, covering it with scrapbook paper, then popsicle sticks. He's now 15 and finally threw it away the other day. :( I was kinda sad to see my little boy growing up!

I have 2 random LP sitting on a table in my hallway. I bought them just for the fond memories.

Unknown said...

OMG, the only toy I have from my childhood is the TICK TOCK CLOCK! Mine actually still works properly. It's nice to a have a little tangible piece of our childhood, isn't it? So comforting.