Saturday, March 13, 2010

Opening Day @ Torrance American Baseball



No more practice games. It's time for the real play to start. Opening Day's fun but, long. All the teams and players are introduced, the giant TABB Family Picture is taken, and the Golden Arm and Roadrunner contests are held.

Marshmellow entered the Roadrunner conest. The goal of this contest is to see who can run the bases the fastest. I didn't get any pictures of him actually running but, I got these from before while he was waiting in line with Eric Daniels.





Eric was the eventual winner. That kid is so super fast. I mean really, all the kids should just give up as soon as he enters the contest. Poor Marshy didn't even place in the top three. I found that weird but, we'll chalk this up to the fact that he ran in his tennis shoes and not his cleats like the other boys.

As you can see through the chainlink, I was too lazy to get up and put my lens through the fence to get good pictures.



I actually like a couple of the pics I got today. Even with the fence in the way. Let's just pretend it gives them character. Yeah......that's it.

Here's one of Marshmellows at bats.







Here's a rare picture of Timmy. That's Tyler standing right behind him on the other side of the fence. Tyler wasn't allowed in the dugout but, that's a whole other story that's not worth telling.



One of our players (Eric Daniels) ended up getting hit by a pitch in the calf pretty hard and was down for about 6 minutes or so and Marsh dislocated his thumb making a great play at short. He's fine now but, he sat out of his field assignments for the rest of the game. He did bat his next turn though. He's fine really. Thank God!

My Mom and I spent the day sitting in the stands talking and having a good time. My Grampa Aguinaga showed up and my Aunt Laura was there and her parents too as she is also the Aunt to Eric Daniels. But, that doesn't make Eric my cousin and seriously, I've been trying to explain this to Tuesday since I (stupidly) opened my mouth and gave her that gem of a tidbit.

Anyway, today was great and I am looking forward to this season.

1 comment:

Christina said...

It's weird to hear you refer to Laura as your aunt. I guess only because David and I call her by her first name. I guess it's also weird to me because I'm not there.