Sunday, August 22, 2010

Our Recent Trip to Tempe

Timmy's BFF and his family live in Tempe and we try and go there at least once a year (usually in February for their oldest sons BD).  This year we promised Tyler that he could go spend a week during the summer with them.  We took the opportunity to drop Tyler off as a family so, selfishly we could spend some time with then too.  I love this family.  They truly are some of the best people.  I fully believe that the Lord puts people in your life for a reason and this family is at the top of the list for me.

While making the plans for the trip Toner suggested a hot dog eating contest.  He continues to be amazed by how much food Travis can put away. I am too for that matter. When we got to their house somehow the hot dog eating contest turned into a trip to a nearby burger joint for the Quadruple Bypass Burger.  Here's Toner and Travis discusing the challenge:



Apparently, this place (The Heart Attack Grill) has this crazy hamburger that's gynormous and if you can finish the entire thing, you get your picture on the wall and then you get wheeled out to your car in a wheelchair by a nurse (waitress).  Here's Travis at the beginning of the challenge.  Check out the size of that thing.



And here he is almost finished.



And, the payoff.  Wheeled out by the Nurse.



Ahh.  Good Times!  My little Travis is becoming a man. Hahahahaha!

1 comment:

Janna said...

So Travis finished the hamburger? Boy, that looked sinfully good. I think I've heard of the Heartattack Grill on a news video either my dad or Brad sent me. I thought it was a joke until they convinced me otherwise.
I'm so glad you had a good time with your friends.