Monday, September 20, 2010

I *LOVE* Doing Laundry!

Yeah.  I'm totally lying.  I hate laundry like nobody's business.  There have been times that I would let the dirty clothes go for so long that the kids would finally complain that they had nothing to wear.  Sadly, that was the case.  I think I have a picture of the dirty clothes pile at its worst.  Hold on.  I'm gonna go find it..........

Ok. Here it is.  I wish I could make it bigger so you could have the full effect.



My dryer died on the first day of Spring Break.  So, I guess that's in April?  Tyler had a game or something and I had just started my weeks worth of laundry that morning so, I conned Tyler into coming to the laundromat with me.  It was awesome!  I got all my laundry done in a little over two hours and I had a lot of clothes.  It cost me about $10.  Not bad and I was happy.  I started going to the laundromat twice a week to do my laundry because there was no way I could afford to either fix my dryer or buy a new one.  My dad at one point offered to buy me a new one but, he and my mom have been helping us out so much that I didn't want to take him up on it.

Things at the laundromat went well for awhile.  I didn't mind going to do my laundry at a place other than my own home.  It was good while the kids were in school but, when summer started, it became kinda annoying.  I started dreading going.

We went to Antone and Yvonnes in August to leave Tyler there for a week.  Good Times.  Anyway, they had just been given a new washer and dryer and their old set was in the garage.  Yvonne told me she wanted to sell them but hadn't got around to listing them online yet.  I told her my sob story and offered to buy them from her.  She talked to Toner and said that I could just have them.  Did I mention, these are the nicest people ever?



They are so pretty.  Who says that about their washer and dryer?  Who?  ME!  My old set was over 10 years old.  I don't remember if they sold front loaders back then.  I have done so much laundry since we got home.  Willingly even.  It's a joy.........right now.  How long before you think I get tired of it?  LOL?

1 comment:

Janna said...

Hurray! I'm so happy that you don't have to go to the laundry mat anymore! God always provides. How did they get the machines to you?