Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Love Love Love My Dorcas

When the boys were younger, I tortured them with a couple viewings of Seven Brides For Seven Brothers.  I love that movie.  Contrary to what they will most likely tell you, they liked it.  Of course their favorite part was when they found out one of the "brides" name was Dorcas.  I mean they died laughing.  Since then anyway, I've been calling Tyler, Dorcas.  Like I call Trevor, Marshmellow, I call Tyler, Dorcas. (whew, that was a lot of commas)  I think when I call him that, most people think I am calling him Dorkus.  I guess in a way I am.  The name has kind of evolved over the years and it really is just a term of endearment now.

I don't get many pictures of Dorcas other than on the baseball field so, when this opportunity came up, I took it. A few weeks ago, Tyler and I were working at the SHS Baseball Programs Christmas tree day and I asked my friend Laurie to make Tyler take a picture with me.  See, Laurie and I have each others backs and then I made her son take a picture with her.  I've always been a little bit jealous of those moms that have sons who have no shame in showing public love for their mommies.  I do not have one of those sons.  I know he loves me a ton but, God forbid anyone knows it.  Haha!  Anyway, here is the picture we *made* him take.  I will say that he was a good enough son to smile in the picture after I squeezed him and said, "PRETEND YOU LIKE ME!!!"  LOL!!!




Look at him!  Isn't he soooo cute?

1 comment:

Janna said...

Someone called a woman at church "our church Dorcas", referring to the Dorcas in the Bible. This woman didn't know about the Bible Dorcas and just assumed that she was getting teased. :) That got a big laugh from all of us. At least she took it in a good natured way. :)