Friday, December 31, 2010

Tuesday's New Bike



Every Christmas my Grama and Grampa Aguinaga give the kids $100.  Usually, I make the kids hold onto the money for things they truly need instead of frivolous things they *want*.  This year I let the boys finally buy the PS3 they've been dreaming of for the past three years.  They are super happy.

Tuesday always chooses well with her money.  Last year she bought a new comforter set for her bed.  This year, she didn't know what she wanted.  Kaleley got a new bike for Christmas and Grama Sue suggested that Tuesday buy a new bike with her Christmas money.  That was smart.  I knew Tuesday wanted a new bike, I just hadn't thought of using her money on that.  So today, Mom, Tuesday, and I searched the internet for the perfect bike.  Mom ended up with the winner.  Tuesday and I went to Toys R Us and bought the bike.  It was a little more than she had $$ for so, Grama Sue pitched in an extra $40. (Thanks Grama!)

I love how excited Tuesday gets when she buys something on her own and it's something she *really* wants.  She was all smiles and we listened to happy music in the car to and from TRU.

Grampa Tony built the bike and off she went.



It's definitely a big girls bike and should last her more than a few years.  It's a way bigger bike than she's used to and it took a little while before she gained the confidence she needed to be comfortable but, by the end of the day she's a pro at her new bike.  Good Buy Tuesday.  Enjoy your bike.

No comments: